Where do you buy spices for the Rubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad Smith

TVWBB Member
Had my WSM for about 4 months now and I'm learning quickly that I go through spices from the grocery store very quickly (and it gets expensive). Where do you guys buy your spices? Warehouse clubs? Thanks for the input...

Brad,
I'm partial to getting my rub ingredients from Penzey's. Excellent quality, huge selection, and fairly priced. I love their ground chipotle, smoked paprika, and sea salt. Not sure if there is a store in your area (not even sure where you're from) but I know you can order from a catalog, have never checked if you can order on-line.
Best of luck.

I agree with Clark on the Penzey's recommendation. The quality is far, far superior to what you will find in a supermarket, and you can buy most spices in larger-sized bags, so it is cheaper than the supermarket. I've probably got 30-40 different spices from Penzey's in the cupboard.

I've been ordering from Penzeys since they started catalog sales and from their site ever since they started selling on line. Great quality.

Penzeys on line

For the exotica that Penzeys does not carry I buy from World Spice (don't miss their powdered Worcestershire) and from Mountain Rose.

Chilies I get from Penzeys, World Spice and Sweet Freedom Farm (terrific ajis amarillos).

Brad, I'm with Clark and David on Penzey's spices. I have filled orders online they ship quickly and I also visit their retail store when I'm in the area. Check out the website www.penzeys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back