Drum dolly for cart?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donny Anderson:
Would a drum dolly like this be modified into a WSM cart? It would need a base of some sort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you thinking? Put a base on the hoop and keep the WSM on it? Hook on the handle when you want to move it? Might be good, but I prefer to put my WSM on an 18" kettle bottom - both raises it up and puts it on wheels.

Rich, this might be far fetched, but I was thinking that a piece of sheet metal (i.e. flashing type material) could be rolled up and slid into the base and be used as a wind shield. The sheet could be stored flat when not used.
I saw it in the Northern catalog and I thought I would throw the idea out there.
Are you using a separate kettle from what you grill with or does yours serve double duty?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Donny Anderson:
Rich, this might be far fetched, but I was thinking that a piece of sheet metal (i.e. flashing type material) could be rolled up and slid into the base and be used as a wind shield. The sheet could be stored flat when not used.
I saw it in the Northern catalog and I thought I would throw the idea out there.
Are you using a separate kettle from what you grill with or does yours serve double duty? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The flashing is an interesting idea - if you do it, tell us how it works.

I have only one 18" kettle with base - but I also have an 18" SJP, an 22" kettle and a 22" performeer. If I wanted another 18" base, I would be checking Craigslist, but I find I have more grills than energy
icon_wink.gif

Could a drum dolly like this be modified into a WSM cart? It would need a base of some sort. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes, would be a pretty simple mod. The cart is round and so is the WSM. All you have to make sure is that the legs of the WSM will fit on the foot print/base diam of the drum dolly. Expanded metal, and a few zapps from a MIG welder comes to mind.
icon_wink.gif

Back