New Q100 owner

Guy Wallace

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok Iam a regular BBQ person with Charcoal and smoker on a WSM been a few yrs since we had anything here that used propane .

MY wife wanted it for of all things to bake potatos on so if were not smoking or grilling she can do them on this new Q thing .

She brought it home I duno much about these things are they diffrent than a regular gas grill? Anything we need to know thats diffrent than a reg gas grill ?

I told her there was a whole section on here for these grills so they must be diffrent I think ?

Iam hard nose charcoal person but there are times I would a used gas had we had one to use ? I did open up the box and look and it looks like its built like a tank. No stand thou is there any reason I can't just sit it on our big heavy duty picnic table to use it ? I don't wana put another grill /smoker on a stand back in my yard its already loaded up with 3 cookers
icon_rolleyes.gif

How are these little Q's on propane the 16.4 oz bottles last very long ? I haven't even took it out a the box yet so any tricks help or what have you would be appreciated . And Iam gona try and read all I can here for sure !
wsmsmile8gm.gif

I see there is an adapter made to use the big tanks I have 2 a those so if Iam useing it at home is it cheaper to use the 20lb tanks or just buy the small 16.4 oz bottles ??

Back