Easy pulled pork Enchiladas

I wanted an easy way to use extra pulled pork. I buy my bone-ins at SAMs Club and they come packed two 7.5 lb butts to a package, so I have leftovers. I pull one butt and sauce it, and I leave the other unsauced and vacuum pack portions and freeze for later. This is a quick and easy recipe that can easily be made more home made if you want.

2 cups leftover pulled pork
1 can Ro-tel tomatoes
1.5 cups sour cream
1 packet taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (Mex mix)
5 or 6 flour tortillas (8 inch)
1 can/bottle enchilada sauce (or 2 cups of your fav recipe)

Preheat oven to 350*. Put pork, Ro-tel, sour cream, and taco seasoning in sauce pan. Heat over medium heat until warmed through and blended, about 10 minutes.

Fill a tortilla with meat filling (about 1/2cup) sprinkle on 1/8 cup cheese and roll up. Place in 13x9 baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortilla shells; you will get 5 or 6 Enchiladas.

Pour enchilada sauce over enchiladas, then sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Bake until cheese is melted and lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Serve with any desired garnishes.

James, we froze some leftover pp and will try this. Are ro tel tomatoes a brand, and what type of canned tomatoes are they...crushed, seasoned, etc?

Just made this but with a twist. Ditch the cheese and tortillas,pPut the enchilada sauce right in the pan with the pork mixture. Serve over egg noodles. Mexican Pork Stroganoff!

Back