One Touch Platinum to Performer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Terry

TVWBB Fan
I have a one youch platinum from a few years back. I don't need it the charcoal bin, but would it be possible to purchase the parts to add the gas ignition to my grill?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Robert Terry:
I have a one youch platinum from a few years back. I don't need it the charcoal bin, but would it be possible to purchase the parts to add the gas ignition to my grill? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could certainly call Weber Customer Service and order the replacement parts for a Performer (bottom bowl, gas ignition piece... etc) - but you might have to do some social engineering to get them to send them to you if they aren't keen on sending out the parts to you... (like get a serial number for a Performer that somehow has a "damaged" bowl and a "damaged" ignition system...)

It might be easier to just cut a hole in your bowl, and screw in a propane torch
icon_smile.gif

I guess that's my question. I need to look more closely at the performer. Is replacement of the bottom bowl really necessary? I'm heading to Ace today so I'll eyeball them more closely...

You can check out the schematics of the parts on Weber's site - and take look at the bottom bowl of the performer. It's probably not an entire bowl replacement - but you would obviously have to drill a hole for the gas assist.

I don't have a performer here - so I can't take any pictures for you. Some others might if you ask nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back