WoWoWoWoW! :)

gerelee

I just bought my first Weber, a Smokey Joe Silver and a Weber chimney. HOLY COW...what a difference from the 'junk' that I was using before...last week I was sitting there with fluid and fanning briquets in this cheap 'grill' for over half an hour, lol, what a PITA!

I put 2 pieces of crumpled newspaper in the chimney and lit it in two places and......voila....20 minutes later it was blazin' and ready!!!! I was AMAZED, haha, thinking to myself how ingenious that chimney was. I cooked a couple of pieces of chicken thighs, some sweet corn and a bell pepper.....then a grilled peach for dessert....everything tasted FANTASTIC!! I LOVE this thing
icon_smile.gif

I've been a chef for over 20 years and don't have a lot of experience with grilling outdoors but I plan on getting a lot more experience now!!

1 happy NEW Weber owner

the sjs is one mean little machine. start reading cuz there is a lot of info here to absorb. you will really be amazed at what the sjs can do.

thanks all, it really is an amazing little grill and i'm learning as i go...you know what they say about practice, lol, and i'm more than willing to do that!

several things that will make it a lot better is to get some expanded metal and cut it to the size of the charcoal grate. then put it on top of the coal grate with the holes going cross wise. then use lump for all yer cooking. i reuse lump in mine like three times before i throw what falls through out. usualy it will be less than a hand full of ash. amazing !

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gerelee:
thanks all, it really is an amazing little grill and i'm learning as i go...you know what they say about practice, lol, and i'm more than willing to do that! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back