Cookbook briquette suggestions vs portable

Mark.au

Hi all

Got a nice 200 page barbecue kettle cookbook.
It has some briquette suggestions for direct/indirect and temps based on a ~22 inch bbq.

What do people suggest for the 15 in SJS?

Thanks

indirect.jpg

direct.jpg

Interesting read mark, I can tell you that between 30-35 charcoal briquettes banked on one side of the smokey Joe has always worked for me for a hot fire! Thanks for sharing.

i rarely use briq in my sj's anymore. lump just works so well. as to briq i imagine that you might need to experiment some to see what actually works for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
lump just works so well. as to briq i imagine that you might need to experiment some to see what actually works for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes will be using lump, just really wanted to get a feel of the amounts. Thanks
icon_smile.gif

This looks interesting
http://www.happy-monkey.net/bbq/smokey-joe.html

Mark, lump also works great! I use between 1/4 to 1/3 of a Weber chimney in the smokey Joe banked to one side.
Nice link, that is a Smokey Joe Platinum which is the larger 18.5 inch smokey Joe which is not made anymore.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Todd H.:
I use between 1/4 to 1/3 of a Weber chimney in the smokey Joe banked to one side.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perfect, ty very much, helps a lot.

Back