How do you guys light the lump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony W.

TVWBB Fan
Was wondering how you guys light the lump for 2.

In a chimney
In the baskets
In between the empy baskets
Dumped right over the jets.

I really appreciate everyones response.

Thanks
Anthony

Match
icon_smile.gif

for my kettle i use oiled papertowels under a chimney. for my WSM i use a map torch to light a few pieces and let the pitminder do the rest
icon_smile.gif

I'm still trying to figure out what I like. I tried a Weber Chimney w/o the insert piece so I could lift it straight up rather dump the coals. I figured you didn't need the extra air space. Fire started more smokey though. I think I will just make a pile, or try the chimney again with the insert piece back in.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Schwarz:
I just make a pile above the burner jet. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AND push the button.

I inverted the grate in my Weber chimney so it was closer to the burner on my gasser. That said, the chimney loaded with lump, and the lowered grate, gets lit over the side burner of the Gold D.
icon_wink.gif
Just push the button and in 5-10 min I'm cookin'
icon_wink.gif

Amen to the Harbor Freight weed burner!

My dad had a similar contraption when I was growing up. He used to use it to light the charcoal (always Ole Diz - I thought it was gone till I saw it at the local Piggly Wiggly a couple weeks ago) and burn off his grill grate.

I saw the ones at Harbor Freight a few weeks ago and bought one. The first time I lit it up, my wife thought a jet was landing on the house! I just used it to light a ring of charcoal for my WSM and my Thanksgiving Turkey Breast.

Good price and if nothing else, great fun playing with fire!

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back