Craig's List!; My Performer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom A.

TVWBB Member
I just picked up a Performer yesterday from Craig's List. It cost me $100 but I think I got a pretty good deal.

They also threw in a Weber BBQ set (spatula, tongs, fork), extra spatula, grill brush and lighter.

The only thing that was missing was the charcoal baskets and the nuts that hold the lid holder. The grate was a bit rusted but it should clean up nicely with a little brush and seasoning.

Here she is.
P1010025.jpg

pic of the grate
P1010027.jpg

I'm going to sell my 22.5 OTG to make room.

I need to talk about my new find here. No one outside of this forum seems to care about my new grill.

The usual comment is "Don't you already have X number of grills?"
icon_confused.gif

Nice pickup. I'm also ready to sell my OTG if I can ever find a Performer on craigslist. Just in time for Memorial Day...

Does the ignitor work? Just screw on a disposable bottle of propane - so convenient.

I would replace the cooking grill with a new flip up stainless grill from weber.com - when you have the best cooker, why not equip it with the best?

Great catch - ENJOY

Well Tom most (sane?) people just think that a Weber is just another brand of grill. I am often asked "Why do you have so many grills?". I just smile at them.

I have been checking Craigslist several times each day in searching for a Performer. I am begining to think that I am not going to find one there. Nevertheless, I will keep looking.

Gary,

Be proactive. Post a wanted ad with a pic on Craig's List. You might get a response that way.

Good luck,
Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom A.:
Gary,

Be proactive. Post a wanted ad with a pic on Craig's List. You might get a response that way.

Good luck,
Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone in St Louis placed this as on CL "Looking for: Weber Platnium Grill" Wonder if it is one of us?

Awesome Deal!!! I just bought a 8 mo old 22.5" OTG for $95. It's in perfect condition. I'm afraid to check craigslist for a better deal. Just my luck someone will have put a performer on there this weekend.

That's a great deal Tom nice find. I'm hoping to get one I found for sale, one other person got to it before me but maybe the deal will fall through. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Berry:
Is $65 a fair price for a 10 year old performer? The pics look pretty good. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets talk CONDITION - is it in Like New Condition? excluding the grates. If it has been cared for, and if it has the little gas bottle, I would jump on it for $65. I would get new grates and either convert the old gas bottle to OPD (expensive) convert the grill to disposable, or just buy a chimney and lignter
icon_wink.gif

GO FOR IT!

It's a craigslist item and I've only seen pics. I think the propane bottle is missing but they say the ignitor still works. Its green and in good enough condition to show the reflection of a house on its surface in the picture. I think I may have inquired too late though. Someone else responded yesterday and was going to look at it today. The seller is supposed to keep me posted if they don't buy.

Missed again. Been trying to get a performer for a while.

People are getting pretty savvy on craigslist with some Weber items, I bought my SS/Performer for $40 and it lingered there for a couple weeks. I saw 3 of them and a Blue 18.5" Platinum one weekend and they got snapped up quickly. I do a CL search and enter Webber, Weber, Grill, BBQ Smoker etc.Any way you can butcher the word give it a try. I just scored a WSM "N" for $30 that was just listed as "Webber smoker" with no picture. It helps to know what you are looking for and be prepared to haggle or compromise for missing, broken or worn out parts. If its worth taking a look at do it! Way too many time wasting flakes on CL these days.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael Berry:
It's a craigslist item and I've only seen pics. I think the propane bottle is missing but they say the ignitor still works. Its green and in good enough condition to show the reflection of a house on its surface in the picture. I think I may have inquired too late though. Someone else responded yesterday and was going to look at it today. The seller is supposed to keep me posted if they don't buy.

Missed again. Been trying to get a performer for a while. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael, was the green performer listed in Atlanta CL for $65?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back