Drip pan anomoly

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
I keep finding the drip pan from my Genesis knocked off the bottom tray and sitting on the lower rack. Most recently, all the grease and other goodies were cleaned out. I suspect a masked four-legged bandit.

Anyone else have this happen? I kind of like the idea, because I save on buying aluminum pans. But I need to make sure I reattach it before grilling.

if the doors are not opened i would suspect mice or rats.
I have to set traps in my yard for them because of my birdfeeders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by J Rector:
if the doors are not opened i would suspect mice or rats.
I have to set traps in my yard for them because of my birdfeeders. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
This is an older model, without doors.

Jim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Anyone else have this happen? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have raccoons in the woods behind my house and they do the same thing to my drip pan. Whenever I have drippings, I have to remove the pan after the cook. I just wait until the grill cools down and then I sit the pan on the grill grate and close the lid.

BTW - if the critters get greasy foorprints on your wooden deck, do NOT use Greased Lightning to clean the prints up. That stuff eats the finish of the deck!

Hey - on two occassions the coons have taken my BBQ grill brush off the deck and into the yard. It must smell pretty good to them.

Ray

Back