Burner Issues Genesis 1000

LarryR

TVWBB Diamond Member
As some of you may remember I rebuilt my Genesis 1000 within the last year PICTURES, new burners, manifold, bars and grates. Last couple of cooks on her I've notice big yellow flames coming out of the bar that runs from the front to the back burners and the back burner tube barely putting out any flames. I've changed my tank to a new tank, given the manifold a gentle tap with some pliers but still have the problem. Any ideas?

Larry - you may need to re-adjust the air intake manifolds. I think there is a straight slotted screw that you can loosen to make that adjustment. Once you've located them (there should be one for each burner) loosen them and then fire her up. Once you have her fired up, adjust each one until you get the blue flame that you are looking for. You may want to do one at a time and just don't set your beard on fire.

Larry, from your frequent posts I assume that you use your grill quite alot so this may not be your problem, but I have heard of spiders getting into the burner tubes and building a nest which can clog the flow. You may want to break it down and run a pipe cleaner through there.

Another thing you may want to try is taking a fine wire brush to the burner tubes, rust accumulates and will clog the flame holes. It may reveal any cracks in the tube too.

Back