Chipped kettle what type of paint to use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Addie_G

I have a 15+ year old Webwer 22 1/2 kettle, it has a few minor scrapes one is about 1/2 inch long scarpe into the outer enamal on the kettle it is starting to show rust. What kind of paint can i use to fix this?

The first thing you're going to want to do is get a brass bristle brush and remove the surface rust.

Then, what I've used, is Rustoleum High Heat Grill paint. I think they only make it in black. Wally World is where I found this stuff. I've read here that others have had success with High Heat Engine Enamel paint. Made by Dupli-color I think. O'Reilly or Autozone should carry this. Both are aerosol/spray can variety. Just tape off the areas that you don't want to paint and Voila! Hope this helps.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jered Crews:
The first thing you're going to want to do is get a brass bristle brush and remove the surface rust.

Then, what I've used, is Rustoleum High Heat Grill paint. I think they only make it in black. Wally World is where I found this stuff. I've read here that others have had success with High Heat Engine Enamel paint. Made by Dupli-color I think. O'Reilly or Autozone should carry this. Both are aerosol/spray can variety. Just tape off the areas that you don't want to paint and Voila! Hope this helps. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So I should be able to get some rustoleum grill paint at Home Depot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back