Baked Stuffed Brie

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by John Mason on 10/18/2004

------------
Here's a Brie recipe I baked in the WSM with a little smoke wood. For the filling I used a spicy peach chutney, although salami and smoked mushrooms sound pretty good, too. I used two pieces of pastry and sealed the edges around like a pie.

Baked Stuffed Brie
1 lb. Brie
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
1 egg — beaten
Filling (use one): cranberry chutney, some sliced capacola or Genoa salami, mushroom duxelles, some
sauteed fennel or leek.

Defrost pastry and roll out. Slice Brie in half or in thirds horizontally and put in desired filling. Place in center of pastry and cut off the four corners of the pastry a couple of inches down. Completely wrap the pastry around the Brie, brushing with beaten egg whenever you put the pastry together. Flip the assembly over and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush top with beaten egg. Bake at 400 F
until pastry is golden brown. Serve with water crackers.

Chris,

Thanks for the wonderful recipe. I tried this yesterday and it turned out to be fantastic. I filled the brie with a good mango chutney and used apple wood for the smoke flavor. I took it to a cocktail party and everyone there raved over it!

BTW, you might want to edit the post.Your narrative says two pieces of puff pastry, and the list of ingredients says one (I used one and it was enough). I also baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.

There were 40 people at the party and at least 25 of them were raving about the flavor. Thanks Chris!

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's a Brie recipe I baked in the WSM with a little smoke wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chris,

This recipe posted by you on 10/18/04 continues to be one of my favorites. I usually do it on my Genesis gasser with apple wood in my smoke box. I cook indirectly for 25 to 30 minutes at 360 degrees and it turns out to be a fantastic dish that is beautifully browned and makes a nice presentation.

Made it last night for a dinner party and folks could not believe it was baked on a grill. Anyone that has not tried this should think seriously about giving it a go.

Ray

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Here's a Brie recipe I baked in the WSM with a little smoke wood. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chris,

This recipe posted by you on 10/18/04 continues to be one of my favorites. I usually do it on my Genesis gasser with apple wood in my smoke box. I cook indirectly for 25 to 30 minutes at 360 degrees and it turns out to be a fantastic dish that is beautifully browned and makes a nice presentation.

Made it last night for a dinner party and folks could not believe it was baked on a grill. Anyone that has not tried this should think seriously about giving it a go.

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray, could you snap a couple of pics of the process the next time you make one up and cook it? Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Ray, could you snap a couple of pics of the process the next time you make one up and cook it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah Bryan - I'll take some pics next time. I'll have to learn how to post a pic but I'll give it a try.

Hope you are not having a lot of icy weather this morning. From the TV, it appears that you are in a bad weather area.

I'm currently in VA Beach - heading home in a few hours.

Take care,

Ray

Back