Do you like your Char Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesnt look like I'm going to be able to find a SJP, so I'm wondering if the Char Q is worth $150. Does it contain ash/dust while traveling?

I'm looking for a portable charcoal grill for picnics and camping for a few people.

Chris
I too am interested in the feed back. It doesn't look like it will be introduced in Australia as the numbers would be small. I don't think that it has caught on in North America, I don't hear many reports about it one way or the other.
I want one just so I can say I have one but the kettles and performer would be used in preference. I did hear that it was difficult to cook indirect on and direct missed out all around the sides.

Regards

There is an SJP (w/Jim Beam decal) on eBay right now. Currently @ $39, plus $20 shipping. I am watching it myself!

As others have said, you can find them at some local Ace hardware stores.

I don't have a Char-Q, so I can't help you there.

Good Luck!
JP

i think it is way to overpriced. like i keep saying like a broken record, just get an 18.5 kettle and cut the legs short. do the lid hold down mod and yer on yer way alot cheaper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">...do the lid hold down mod and yer on yer way alot cheaper. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ooooo! This sounds good.
What is the lid hold down mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back