Bourbon Grilled Flank Steak

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
Someone recently asked about recipes for the grill. Here is one of my favorites given to me 43 years ago by a buddy from Auburn. It is easy and wonderfully tasty. Everyone that has tried this has loved it(only exception was a fella who used scotch instead of bourbon and it was awful - stay with bourbon!).

Enjoy.

Ray Crick

Bourbon Grilled Flank Steak

1 flank steak
1/2 cup bourbon
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 large white onion (Bermuda or Vidalia works well)

Rinse steak and put in plastic bag.
Slice onion and separate rings, then add to bag.
Pour in the bourbon and soy sauce and shake bag to mix.
Marinate in refrigerator for 24 hours.

Remove from refrigerator and save about 1/3 cup sauce.

Grill steak and onions to suit (best if not cooked more than medium). Baste with sauce as needed.

While steak is grilling, heat the 1/3 cup sauce to a boil and remove from heat.

Remove steak and onions and serve steak sliced on a bias with onions and boiled sauce drizzled over. Enjoy!

I am now at Hilton Head Island with my daughters (and their families)and 5 grand kids. I was specifically asked by the grand kids to fix this dish as it is one of their favorites so I now have 3 steaks marinating and will grill them tonight. mmmmm!

Monday night was Mojo chicken, Tuesday was Puttanesca sauce over penne pasta. Tomorrow we will have shrimp with feta cheese and a special
balsamic vinaigrette and chopped tomatoes. All recipes were requested by the grand kids - does that make me feel good or what!

Life is good!

Ray

Back