Rolled Chicken Spiedini

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
I normally chunk the chicken breasts, then marinate in zesty Italian.
This time I flattened them, marinated for 2 hrs., rolled in Panko crumbs with shredded Cotija cheese.
(Japanese-Mexican-Italian food?)
IMGP5360.JPG

IMGP5363.JPG

IMGP5365.JPG

Skewered and onto the grill.
Flames from apple wood chips erupted.
IMGP5366.JPG

IMGP5367.JPG

Done, time for some fresh Italian bread from "The Hill" (Italian neighborhood in St Louis)
IMGP5372.JPG

IMGP5370.JPG

IMGP5373.JPG

My wife and I had pasta the day before on The Hill, so boiled Yukons & asparagus for sides.

Her plate, with everything cut up so she could get back to the Tee Vee and watch the Cards put in on the Brewers (for a change)
icon_smile.gif

IMGP5377.JPG

A very nice change of pace from my normal grilled foods.
Almost forgot, butter/evoo/garlic sauce spooned on the chicken with a squeeze of lemon.

Thanks for the visit!

you can put this plate on me ANYDAY!
IMGP5377.JPG

I think you've created a new and exciting ethnic dinner plate: <span class="ev_code_RED">JAPEXIAN</span> or <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Itexese</span> or <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Mexitalese</span>...
GreatStuffBob!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
you can put this plate on me ANYDAY!
IMGP5377.JPG

I think you've created a new and exciting ethnic dinner plate: <span class="ev_code_RED">JAPEXIAN</span> or <span class="ev_code_GREEN">Itexese</span> or <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Mexitalese</span>...
GreatStuffBob!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

- THIS!

Looks awesome! Ever go to Cunetto House of Pasta? I havent been there in years but it is still one of my favorite places ever!

Bob,
Can you make this dish again? or post the pics if you have them?
I know its been a long time but I was looking at old threads and this sounded good.:D

Hi Tony,
Some of my cook pics were accidentally deleted, others on purpose to free up space.
I've made this often, and need to again, soon.
Pretty simple, marinate chicken in Italian dressing for at least a couple of hours, roll in a mix of Panko crumbs with a fair amount of Parmesan cheese added.
Skewer and grill.
Melt butter with garlic to drizzle over the chicken on the plate, and give a squeeze of lemon on top.
Here is another similar cook.
Search spiedini on tvwbb to find more by me and others.
It's served in most every Italian restaurant in this area. I hope you will like it too!

Back