Illinois > Charleston: Stovepipe Grill & Smokehouse

AL. T

TVWBB Member
After waiting and wondering, I got to try a fairly new Q joint near Charleston IL. We needed one around here. So far ,everything has been better than good. I have not tried everything yet, but I will. Any one in the area should try The Stove Pipe grill and smoke house. good

Stovepipe Grill & Smokehouse
RR 16, Charleston, IL 61920

Hi Al- I am originally from Arthur. I visit my folks once in a while. Last time I was there, a new bbq joint opened up. Pauly's is the name. It is in the old Dairy Land building across from the high school on 133. Believe it or not, the ribs are excellent. Pauly competes regularly.

Al - are you referring to the one out at the former Spring Haven location? I went to visit my folks in Charleston last summer and we took the kids there for miniature golf. The restaurant wasn't open that time of the afternoon, but I was wondering if it good.

Yes, thats it. The Giant Abe Lincoln. I thought it was good. I want to go there all the time. the place is different, Alot of things going on there. Cool.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AL. T:
Yes, thats it. The Giant Abe Lincoln. I thought it was good. I want to go there all the time. the place is different, Alot of things going on there. Cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm glad someone bought and refurbished that whole area. Abe's finger used to be missing. The chainsaw sculptures were all made by a buddy's dad (my driver's ed teacher). I'm glad my parents are retiring in Charleston, gives me a reason to always go for a visit. Next time I'll try the restaurant, thanks for the tip.

Back