1 lb. Phillips Jumbo Lump Crab Meat

1 tsp. parsley

1 tsp. fresh lemon juice

1 large egg, beaten

1 tsp. Phillips Seafood Seasoning

1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce

3 oz. mayonnaise

1 tsp. melted butter

4 ramekins for baking (or empty natural crab shells)

pinch of paprika

Cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
PREPARATION:

1. Prepare imperial sauce: Combine imperial sauce ingredients (mayonnaise, half and half, Phillips Seafood Seasoning, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce) in a mixing bowl. Whip until smooth. Reserve.

2. Prepare crab imperials: Combine parsley, lemon juice, egg, Phillips Seafood Seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, mayonnaise and melted butter in a medium mixing bowl and whip until smooth. Pour mixture over top of crab meat. Blend all ingredients together by tossing gently to avoid breaking lumps of crab meat.

3. Place 4 oz. of the mix into each ramekin and bake at 400 degrees F for 12-15 minutes.

4. Top each ramekin of baked crab imperial with reserved imperial sauce and a pinch of paprika. If desired, sprinkle tops with shredded Cheddar cheese. Broil until golden brown.

YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS

I just used whatever brand lump crab and made it in a cassarole dish. If making it in one dish you'll need to ad about 5-8 min to the cook time. I topped mine with the sauce then about a cup of Cabot Cheddar and broiled till light brown. This was tonights dinner and was off the hook. Will be making this again soon and often.
icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: I used Old Bay because it's what I had on hand.

Interesting, I'm going to have to try this. It's similar (but different) to the seafood dynamite I make and get at sushi bars. Thanks Bryan.

Bryan,

Thanks a million. Did you get this from Phillips?

I used to eat at Phillips in Ocean City, MD (in the sixties) and their Crab Imperial was fantastic. I hope this is the same recipe.

Ray

Bryan,

Thanks a million. Did you get this from Phillips?

I used to eat at Phillips in Ocean City, MD (in the sixties) and their Crab Imperial was fantastic. I hope this is the same recipe.

Ray

"queing and teeing in NC
Yes Ray from the Phillips web site. I have eaten at Phillips many times and always get the crab imperial. It's the same recipe. Enjoy

Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's the same recipe. Enjoy
Thanks Bryan! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Your welcome. Please post if you make this, IMO it's pretty hard to beat. Ray Buddy here's more for you.
icon_smile.gif

here's more for you.
Thanks so much Bryan. I noticed that your recipe has 6 tbs mayo for the sauce and the web site shows 3 tbs. Have you found that more mayo is that much better?

Can't wait to try this recipe when I get home (now in Hilton Head on vacation).

Ray

Originally posted by Ray Crick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">here's more for you.
Thanks so much Bryan. I noticed that your recipe has 6 tbs mayo for the sauce and the web site shows 3 tbs. Have you found that more mayo is that much better?

Can't wait to try this recipe when I get home (now in Hilton Head on vacation).

Ray </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ray, Something's fishy here.
icon_biggrin.gif
That recipe was copied and pasted as is.
icon_confused.gif
Yeah that link goes to a slightly different recipe of crab imperial. I dug up the link from my history to the recipe I posted. IMO you can cut the mayo back to 3-4 TBS for the sauce. The 6 TBS might be a bit much for some. I love mayo but I think i'll cut it back to 4 TBS the next time.
Here's the link for the one I posted. You can see the layout is different as the sauce is listed first verses the imperial on the other link. Duno?

Ray, Something's fishy here.
LOL - a very appropriate remark for a seafood recipe.

Wonder why they have such a difference? Heh - I'm glad I noticed the difference - probably because I am all laid back on vacation here ar Hilton Head.

Ray

The answer to the mayo mystery is easy. The recipe on the Phillips web site calls for 3 ounces of mayo. Since 1 Tablespoon equals 1/2 ounce, 3 ounces equals 6 Tablespoons. This means both recipes are the same.

I'm so glad I looked here....going crabbing this weekend and I was going to research a good recipe for Crab Imperial.

I ate there often when I was a kid and LOVED their crab imperial.

Thanks!

Ate at Phillips on Friday in the Harrisburg Airport. Wish I would have seen this thread (again) before I left I would have ordered it
icon_frown.gif

Back