Source for Genesis Cast Iron (No Porcelain) Grates

Erik H.

TVWBB Fan
A local store in Mechanicsburg, PA, Today's Home and Leisure, has a fair number of sets of the cast iron grates for Weber Genesis grills. He said he bought out the local Home Depot when they closed out the line. They are selling for $49.99/set (I think).

I talked to the owner and he said they will ship them out for people. They have a website, but it doesn't have much on it. To order, call (717) 790-0454. The person I spoke with is named Barry.

For those of you in the area -- this store has a GREAT selection of Weber parts, accessories and items. They also have large selection of sauces and rubs. Great store!

Erik

P.S. I have no connection to this store -- I know these grates are in demand, so I thought I'd post a source.

Are the cast iron grates better than the stainless? why? I have both but the CI has been sitting on the shelf for years.
icon_confused.gif

The cast iron are probably the best grates for heat retention and for making wonderful sear marks. Their only downside is maintenance, which is more more involved than stainless or porcelainized cast iron.

Me, the I think the main reason to use a gas grill is for ease of use, so I'd rather how the low maintenance systems like PCI or stainless. But I can understand why some people want them. They've been discontinued for a few years, so they are a little hard to find.

Back