Pepper Primer

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
To those who know or think they do...
can you give a pepper by pepper description- one two or three word flavor profile, heat profile and recomendation for meat pairing or pairing with other peppers.
So if one wanted to build a rub from scratch he could pick a pepper or two and know they fit the meat or the use. THANK YOU !

Sweet Freedom has good descriptions of each pepper, not so much suggesting what meats to pair them with but at least the flavors.

Silk Road also has good descritions if you just click on the chile you want to know about.

On a seperate note I tried out your hot nuts rub (sounds good I know) on a pile of fish for a crowd the other night and it went over really well, thanks for sharing it!

Clark

My absolute favorite is Aji Amarillo. I use Ancho, New Mexico and or Guajillo as the base for a lot of my stuff though. I sparingly use piri piri and thai chiles as well as a few others.

Clark

Steve, speaking of chipotle. Mixed up some with mayonnaise(not my favorite) for topping a BLT. Just great. Added a touch of heat with those nice smoked tones.

Back