What became of Weber Vieluxe?

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
I saw a Vieluxe 44" Gas Grill at a garden center last night. What an awesome looking grill, and built by Weber, too. It was marked down to $2,500 from the MSRP of $5,000.

It appears that Weber dropped the Vieluxe line in 2003 or 2004. Were they ahead of their time with these high end grills or were these just too expensive?

jrp

Sounds like that was a great sales price. Probably good I didn't happen upon it or it might be at my house now.
icon_smile.gif
. That is an awful lot of money to put into a gas grill.

I wasn't aware Weber had stopped producing them. Weber definitely doesn't promote them and I've always been a little curious about the connection. This site makes it appear they're still available ..?

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul G.:
I wasn't aware Weber had stopped producing them. Weber definitely doesn't promote them and I've always been a little curious about the connection. This site makes it appear they're still available ..?

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,

I don't know that Weber stopped production, but the Vieluxe website is inactive and the latest literature that I found is dated 2002.

Jim

Ah yes... Another Weber to hit the chopping block in 2005!

I hate to admit it, but the reason the Vieluxe was DC'd is because of the production of the Summit Platinum. The Vieluxe was hand fabricated out of stainless steel. Very expensive to produce! The Summit Platinum is mfg'd using the same tooling as the Summit Golds and the older Summit Silvers (also DC'd in 05) This cut the mfg. costs nearly in half! It is a shame to see them go. But Change isn't allways bad right?

Joe

Thanks for this info, Joe. Its great to have someone employed by Weber post - very, very little bad said about your employer around here !
icon_smile.gif

I'm a Weber fanatic - if they ever start making cars ... I'm buying one !

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Joe Osborn:
Ah yes... Another Weber to hit the chopping block in 2005! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Joe,

Are you familiar with our new friend Jay from Palatine? It is kind of cool that all you Weber insiders are showing up here.

Thanks for the info.

Jim

Sorry, I don't know a Jay from Palatine. Our main customer service office is in Schaumburg IL. I am at Weber north (a smaller office in Reedsburg WI) The only Jay I know worked in the reedsburg office up till last year. I checked the list in Schaumburg and there was no Jay. QA office is in Palatine. Maybe he works there?

Back