48 blade meat tenderizer

This is what the Gadjet is that I was talking about in the other discussion. I put it here to have a better title.

Alton Brown did a show on it. Details.

I found this little gadjet here.

It is, IMHO, one of the greatest things to ever happen to meat since the cow AND the pig. (I just got my WSM last weekend....)

For chicken, it will really expand the window of temps that the bird will remain moist and tender with. The first boneless skinless I did I ate it and it felt wierd. it 'felt' like the meat was 'buttery'. you know how you might get a chicken breast that is overdone on the grill and it gets kinda rubbery? Not anymore. I go up down left right and on the diagnals.

I did a brisket in the flower pot that Alton Brown taught us to use as a smoker with the hot plate. AWESOME. Fall apart on the fork. Previous brisket in same pot? Eh. I couldn't get it through to tender.

Pork butt in same flowerpot: outstanding.

Ribs: Haven't tried getting it in between the ribs yet, but that flap meat is getting the treatment.

Steaks, AWESOME. NY Strip, Rib eyes...done.

Now, warning. When you get it out of the package you will stare at it funny. you will also put it against your hand and push. Careful: YOUR HAND IS COVERED IN MEAT!!!!! And this device is meant to stab meat repeatedly. Please read those last two sentances again and let your brain put them together.

But other than the hand thing, I am MAXIMALY impressed with this device. Best $22 I have spent in the cooking world, and for the life of me, EVERYONE I KNEW got one for Christmas last year.

Every pieve of meat I cook get the treatment before it gets cooked. It makes a hyge difference.

I will post pictures later today that are better than the web site. Sorry for leaving everyone hanging, I had knee surgery recently and today was my first day of PT and I slept through most of it. (the day, not the PT)

Yours,

Back