Kingsford Chimney starter

I don't know about the quality, but the price, 25 dollars is 8-10 dollars more than a Weber chimney and the latter has the helper handle and looks to hold more coal as well.

The Weber one is better, not to mention cheaper.

Cooks Illustrated (America's test Kitchen) recently did a chimney starter shootout...guess which one came out on top, again? The Weber we all love and use.

Kevin H.

all charcoal starters are equal, but some are a little more equal than others. I have 5 chimneys {four different brands} and the thing about the Weber is the holes part way up, this allows air to circulate in and makes it start faster.

I also like the additional volume of the Weber. I will fire up both at the same time, pour in the Weber load then add the other load that is not quite ready but on the top of the others the get ready faster.

The Kingsford is a very good design, the bottom is strong, some others easily bend where the air holes are. {they have slots} having said that you can find that design much cheaper

I have been known to cook a 25 pound Turkey in a dutch oven, a very big, deep dutch oven.
icon_smile.gif

Dan

Back