Pecan Pie

This is my favorite! I have searched and tried a lot of pecan pie recipes, but this one has greater flavor and is less sweet than most you'll find. Most recipes are so sweet, you'll have a sugar overload before finishing the slice. With this one, you'll want another piece! This one is from a lady in Texas. BTW, this recipe is for 2 pies.

Janis Dohmann's Pecan Pie

We have tested many pecan pie recipes but this one, which Janis has fixed several hundred times, is by far our favorite. It has won numerous awards and accolades and we hope you enjoy it also.

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 2
Cuisine: American
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Desserts, pie, Bake

-= Ingredients =-
4 Eggs, Slightly Beaten
2 Cup Light Corn Syrup
1/2 Cup Sugar
4 Tablespoons Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
2 Teaspoon Vanilla
2 -1/4 Cups Broken Texas native pecans Preheat oven

-= Instructions =-
Spread pecans in two unbaked 9-inch pie shells.

Mix remaining ingredients and pour over pecans.

Bake at 375 deg F. for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is set.

TIPS:
Cover the edges of the pie crust with aluminum foil about halfway through baking to prevent crust from getting too brown before the pie is done.

Ben

Kahlua Pecan Pie

1 pie shell
1/4 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoons flour
3 eggs
1/2 cup Kahlua
1/2 cup corn syrup
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 cup chopped pecans

Set oven to 400*. Mix butter, sugar, vanilla and flour. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in Kahlua, corn syrup, evaporated milk and pecans, mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake for 10 minutes then reduce heat to 325*. Continue cooking unitl firm, aproximatley 25 minutes.

(Island Events Cookbook)

Stumble into this one from one of my cookbooks while looking for my recipe. Thought it looked interesting.

Over the years I have tried a bunch
of recipes for pecan pie. The one
that I keep coming back to is the one
on the Caro Syrup bottle. It always works
the best for me.

Back