Rookie at smoking Country Style Ribs on WSM

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I would like some input as to wheather or not I need to marinade my Country Style Ribs, before smoking them on my WSM.

My Plan is to just rub them down today with "John Henry's Pecan Rub", let them sit overnight and smoke them tomorrow, using either Cherry or Pecan wood chunks.

I am also looking for cooking temp and internal temp suggestions.

Hi Hoss,

Welcome to the bulletin board!

Whether you marinate or not is a matter of personal preference. For large pieces or thick cuts of pork, I like to marinate overnight. I apply a good amount of rub, put the meat in a Ziploc bag, and refrigerate overnight. About 1-2 hours before cooking, I remove from the fridge, maybe apply a bit more rub, and let the meat come to room temp before putting it in the cooker.

I would cook country style ribs at 235-240*F measured at the lid, which equates to about 220-225*F at the top grate. Cook for 2-1/2 to 3 hours and check for tenderness. Your ribs should be well-done and quite tender at this point. If not, let them go a bit longer until they achieve the degree of tenderness you want. Not sure how this would translate into an internal temp...I'd cook them by time, not internal temp.

Good luck!
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back