Just got a gas Go Anywhere Weber grill.

Wayne Dimirsky

TVWBB Super Fan
While driving down to Texas last week on vacation, My GF and I stopped at an outdoor fleamarket. One of the venders had this Gas Go anywhere grill for sale. I didn't even know it was a weber grill at first because I had never seen one of these in person.

It looked like it had been barely used and the nice thing about it was that it had the wooden Weber handles that are in perfect shape. This thing obviously has not sat outside.

The guy wanted $7 for it so I bought it. As luck would have it, I didn't bring a grill along on this trip like I usually do so I was able to grill after all. I bought a gas bottle and hooked it up. I had to use a match the first time to start it up but I later adjusted the igniter and was able to start it up with that from there on out.

It worked perfectly for the two of us and it worked a lot better than the smoky joe charcoal grill I brought last year.

I cleaned it up and it looks almost new. I will take some pics soon.

What year did they quit using the wooden handles and is there any way to date these grills? Thanks.

Wayne

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">What year did they quit using the wooden handles </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Wayne, I'm just takeing a stabe at this, but I'm guessing 1999 was the last year of the wooden handles. 2000 was the first year for the molded thermo plastic handles on the WSM and kettles.

Back