What's your favorite use for leftover Q ?

Steve Petrone

TVWBB Diamond Member
Beef: chili
Pulled Pork: salad topping, baked beans, pizza and just discovered a new favorite: cooked pasta topped with pp and then tomato sauce.

In the old days my dad made his tomato sauce often cooked with a butt in it.

I almost hate to call it a leftover, I also use it as more of an ingreient like yourself. Baked beans come to mind quickly, then chili, and several tex-mex type dishes. I usually cook an extra butt just to freeze and have on hand as needed.

Just recently I used left over PP as the main ingredient for some soft tacos. Fresh tortillas, PP, homemade chipotle salsa, avacado slices, tomatoes...yum!

My Church small group had Chili night recently. I used left over, frozen, pulled pork. It was awesome. I got many request for the recipe.

Brisket: Substitute for Corned beef in a hash and eggs breakfast.
Pulled pork: Pull it extra fine, and make tamales.
Matt

Pulled pork nachos are a hit at my house.
Load them up with diced tomato,shredded cheese, black olives, and red onion. Bake till heated and cheese is melted, then top with sour cream and guacamole.
yum!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dave/G:
A chunked up piece of smoked brisket does wonders for a can of chicken soup </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You sound like my son. He enhances his ramen with my leftover BBQ. I think he likes brisket best.

Jim

I always smoke enough butts to have for later use. Probably the favorite use in my house of pulled pork after the fact is on nachos.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimH:
Enchiladas! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Got a recipe you would be willing to share with the forum?
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimH:

Ditto. I don't often have leftovers, though.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Got a recipe you would be willing to share with the forum?
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an informal "what you have on hand" recipe.

Your BBQ meat of choice (cold)
Cheese you have on hand (I prefer queso, real mozz, fontina but pepperjack works too -anything but processed or velveeta)
Cooked spinach (if you want it)
Diced onion & jalapeno to taste
Canned enchilada sauce
Corn or flour tortillas

Dice up your onions & jalapenos and saute until soft or if you are lazy like me, just dice. I like raw onion & jalapeno (they get somewhat cooked at the end). Chop up your meat and grate your cheese (or take it out of the bag), get everything lined up for assembly.

Corn tortillas are more traditional but I prefer flour because I can get them fresh/uncooked. If you use corn tortillas you will have to heat a saute pan with some oil and dip the corn tortillas in the pan for a minute a side (this is why I use flour) to get them flexible. For flour tortillas omit the oil and cook on both sides till just an opaque white (my preference - you could cook them until you get some browning), whether corn or flour keep them warm with a towel over them until you are ready to assemble.

Pour some enchilada sauce onto a plate, one at a time dip one side of the tortilla into the sauce, place it into a baking pan ( I use a 9x13 disposable) fill it with your meat, cheese and veggies, roll it up and place it seam side down. Continue until you have filled the pan or run out of tortillas.

Once the pan is full spread cheese over the top of the enchiladas (as much as you prefer) then pour enchilada sauce over the pan coating all the enchiladas. I usually use 3 cans of sauce but I buy 4 just in case.

Bake in the oven at 325*F till it's heated through and bubbly, I prefer to bake a little longer to thicken the sauce.

I'm sure there are better recipes out there but like I said I'm lazy.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back