Korean Night

Stefan B

TVWBB All-Star
Little Korean inspired diz tonight.

Sum Bulgogi beef short ribs, kimchi, sprouts ala j biesinger , veggi spring rolls & some steamed rice.

P1010151.jpg

yeah man, that some prime K bbq!

I love the cross cut short ribs, but around here I have to pay a premium for them. BC must have a sizable Korean population if you have access to kimchi and kalbi.

Have you tried chop chae?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:

I love the cross cut short ribs, but around here I have to pay a premium for them. BC must have a sizable Korean population if you have access to kimchi and kalbi.

Have you tried chop chae? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was just over $7 for 5 strips of ribs. We live in a very highly dense asian populated area with a great supermarket callled T&T. Well most of Vancouver proper is densely populated by asians, so there are many one-off grocery stores to find special / authentic ingredients.

I've not tried chop chae but will make a point of it.

As a side note Jeff, your bean sprouts are spot on to what i was looking for / use to having in Korean restaurants. Key to make 1-2 hours ahead and cool in fridge to setup.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:

Have you tried chop chae? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I get mine at BJ's (wholesale club). They have regular short ribs, but the butcher cuts them crosswise for us. It's much cheaper than going to the Asian grocery.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've not tried chop chae but will make a point of it.

As a side note Jeff, your bean sprouts are spot on to what i was looking for / use to having in Korean restaurants. Key to make 1-2 hours ahead and cool in fridge to setup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad you like the bean sprouts, the recipe came from the book the goes along with the kimchi chronicles. I picked up the book on a whim and its been good to us.

Let me know if you need the chop chae recipe we use

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I've not tried chop chae but will make a point of it.

As a side note Jeff, your bean sprouts are spot on to what i was looking for / use to having in Korean restaurants. Key to make 1-2 hours ahead and cool in fridge to setup. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glad you like the bean sprouts, the recipe came from the book the goes along with the kimchi chronicles. I picked up the book on a whim and its been good to us.

Let me know if you need the chop chae recipe we use </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Would love it!

I did add a little splash of soy sauce to the sprouts.

Know what i'm watching tonight...Kimchi Chronicles
icon_wink.gif
Thx!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Would love it! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

here you go:
chop chae recipe

I haven't watched the show. Like I said I picked up the book on a whim. I was hoping the episodes might be online but it looks like you have to pay 2.99 an episode.

Back