Broke a burner on a summit platinum - anyone else?

Rick Lea

TVWBB Super Fan
I was cleaning my summit platinum and broke the crossover bar which connects two burners. Has anyone had this happen to them? I don't know if I hit the crossover bar or if it just broke from age. The grill is only 2 years old. I am not real impressed with the quality of the crossover bars but the main burners seem to be well made.

In the interest of benefitting this website, I will check for replacements at amazon.com. If they don't stock burners for a two year old grill, what would be your recommendation for buying new, genuine weber parts?

Thanks,
Rick

I'd just call Weber. They might hook you up with new ones for free. If not they have great prices and shipping is cheap. I buy all my replacement parts these days from them.
Weber Customer Service Line 1-800-446-1071

Thanks Bryan,
I e-mailed weber and got a response today. They gave me a customer service number to call and said they would take care of the crossover tube. I need to pull out my owner's manual/parts reference but it looks like the crossover tube is part of the burner assembly. I don't see how it can be replaced but I will do some research.

I just thought it odd that it was broken. If I hit it, it wasn't that hard of a hit.

Thanks,
Rick

Back