Why I Buy Weber

Robert T.

TVWBB Super Fan
Some of you may have seen that I had a 7 year old Genesis Gold B for sale on the Trading Post Forum. David from Indiana had expressed some interest in it but decided not to buy. After thinking about it, I decided to keep it for the lake house. The biggest problem with it was that in spite of it being the stainless steel model, there is a second layer of metal on the inside of the lid that was rusted. I wasn't sure what to do about it so I called the Weber Customer Service line. I explained my issue with the lady on the line and without questioning, she just said, "I'll just send you another lid." For a 7 year old grill. I offered to send her some pictures of the problem and she wanted them for her records but she had already ordered the lid by then. This just proves that good customer service will create a customer for life.

Bob

Yes Bob, where in the world these days that you would get service like that.
I've never had to call for a warranty claim on my 3 webers but I'm hoping that Weber here in Australia will look after me likewise.

Why do I buy Weber? well simple really, when I see some of the original Kettles (including my old 20 + yr old Kettle)that are now over 30 years old and still standing, still being used, where as many other brands have ended up on the trashpile a long time ago is the reason I buy Weber, warranty or not.They are great to use, built well with longlasting Materials.

I tell people who I know are looking for a BBQ machine, "if you want a BBQ for life, buy Weber,If you want it for only 10 years, buy something else"

Cheers

Davo

Sydney
Australia

Do you think if I call them and tell them I didnt secure my performer lid durring travel (in the back of my truck) they will mail me a new one? Its completely my fault and I emailed for a price quote, ~$50. Just wondering, I feel like I should just pay for it, but I understand how good weber customer service is...Should I try to take advantage or just pay it?

I should say that my performer lid met the hood of a car behind me (why would you follow so close to a truck full of bbq gear) anyway, they didnt even bother to stop me. Thank you Iowa people
icon_cool.gif
And the only reason I knew was my wife was a few cars behind me and saw the whole thing, I dident even know till I got home...Im such a dumbass
icon_biggrin.gif

Brandon

They May not have stopped you because:

1/ The car behind was a crapper and the extra dent just added to the character to the old banger.
2/ It was stolen
3/ Happenned so fast, they probably didn't know what hit their car or from where it came, in other words..they coulda been stoned LOL

Taking all this into consideration, nahh..I don't think Flying Weber lids will be covered.

cheers
icon_wink.gif

Davo

I would call them, and if they won't just give you a new one they give you a discount on one if you plead with them. Usually they are pretty easy to deal with, but I don't think that I would call them on a holiday weekend, because they are probably not happy about having to work.

Haha, Thanks Phil, dang concience anyway...Looks like I'll have to use the dinged up lid for awhile till I get a little extra cash.

Brandon

Back