2 c Ketchup
1/4 c worchestershire sauce
1/2 c vinegar
1/4 c brown sugar
2 T molasses
2 T yellow mustard
1 T Tabasco
1 T Rub
1 t liquid smoke (reduced from the orig.)
1 t fresh black pepper
1 T lemon juice
1 clove garlic minced
1/3 c chopped onion
1 optional chopped jalapeno

Simmer 30 minutes. I prefer to run thru the blender so the sauce will not clog in my squirt bottles.

I was just looking at your recipe...looks very interesting. I'll have to try it soon. I don't drink much soda, but when I do, I love Dr. Pepper. I was thinking of trying it as a baste next time I do a butt instead of the usual apple juice spray.

SP,

Thanks for the recipe. I have printed it and will try it soon.

The Dr Pepper reminds me of an old recipe for cooking geese that I got from a friend in Delaware. He had me soak a frozen goose in a mixture of water and a box of powdered milk (overnight). Then rinse and pat dry, and stuff with apple, orance, and onion quarters. Pour Coca-Cola over it and bake - basting periodically with the Coke. I suppose DR Pepper would work too.

I've never tried a goose on my Weber..... must do sometime.

Ray

Let me know what you think. This started as Raichlens sauce. The DR. PEPPER addition was for two reasons, one I love it and two this sauce was too thick. It still is thick for that matter. I have made a couple of batches lately-been giving away some Q to folks who have helped me. I think the liquid smoke should be reduced 25 - 50%. Just my last impression.

Back