Deal or no deal?

michele p

TVWBB Pro
Posted July 26, 2008 05:10 PM
I saw this on Craig's list, and since I am not that familiar with Weber gas grills, I thought I would refer to the experts.

Here is what the description is...
"$250 for all of it. You get a brand new tank, a refill one(empty), the cover and the grill. Its a Weber B (if I remember), and its about 5 years old. You will need those flavor bars as I mentioned, but honestly it will cost you 500 for the same setup new."

Here are the pics...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d907b3127ccec4e1791...0/rx%3D480/ry%3D320/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d907b3127ccec4e07d3...0/rx%3D480/ry%3D320/
http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b8d907b3127ccec4e1461...0/rx%3D480/ry%3D320/

I need a gas grill for extra grill space when I have company (hotdogs etc...) The performer is just too limited with space sometimes.

I am not familiar with this grill, is it really $500 brand new?
Anyone have this model?

my genesis silver b is 4yrs old and it has a cabinet with doors on it and i paid $450 new. The new ones are more than that. Just be real careful that a lot of things dont need to be replaced. Check how hot the grill gets look for rust . Also check the flame on the burners make sure there nice and blue and not in need of replacement.

good luck

You got robbed! It was probably $500 retail with a cover brand new. I was planning to put a Blue Genesis B on CL for $150, the price just went up!
Its a great grill you will enjoy it.
100_2775.jpg

I didn't buy it yet, but thanks to all of the advise, I don't think I will. At least not for the price he is asking!
Thanks!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
I didn't buy it yet, but thanks to all of the advise, I don't think I will. At least not for the price he is asking!
Thanks!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by michele p:
Thanks!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good to hear! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Very good to hear, but man you were harsh! (You got ROBBED!) lol.

yeah I would hold out just a tad bit more, a good deal shall come along!

Just post to the guy and say "Hey, nice grill - probably worth what you are asking to someone, just not to me. If you haven't sold it in a month or so and want to move it, I'll give you $100 for it. Let me know - hope things work out for you for the best!"

That way you get a lowball offer in, but don't sound like a jerk when you do it. I got an older Genesis 1000 for $70 that way. That grill with 2 OPD tanks and a cover is definitely worth $150... at least I'd pay $150 for it if it were close to me.

Michelle
Hi, For what you want a grill for (overflow of cooking when entertaining), the Q220 would be ideal, and it will give you portability as well. I don't know what they are worth in North America but if you shop around you should get one for about the same money. Just a consideration.

Regards

Back