TVWBB Comp Teams schedule for 2011

MKEvenson

TVWBB Wizard
All right, I know that are a few Comp teams that are members here. I think that it would be fun for the teams to be recognized and for the teams to tell the rest of us where and when they will be competing. It just might encourage non team members but members of this forum to visit a comp and say Howdy, if they can.
Chris, is there a way we could make a WIKI type posting that would be easy to find and each team could add their names and their planned comps for the year. I envision that this could be ongoing, year to year.

Mark

Good idea, Mark. I'll get the ball rolling.

In July, Rhythm 'n QUE will be competing in Williams, AZ on July 1-2 and in Holbrook, AZ on July 8-9.

We're off the weekend of July 17-18.

The weekend of July 24-25, we'll be in either Sedona, AZ or in Boise, ID. We haven't decided which one we're going to yet.

Folk who are interested can see our full schedule at http://www.rhythmnque.com/tourdates11.html

Oh yeah, that is a cool idea. I've met one or two folks who hang out here at comps. Always got a coldie ready to go for a fellow Weber and TVWBB fan.

Here's my list of remaining comps I'm cooking for 2011:
July 8-9 Hobe Sound, Fl (Jack Daniels Qualifier)
July 22-23 Live Oak, Fl (Jack Daniels Qualifier)
September 2-4 Clermont, Fl (FBA Funcook)
September 23-24 Grant, Fl (Triple Crown/Jack Qualifier)
October 7-8 Mulberry, Fl (Jack Daniels Qualifier)
October 21-22 Jesup, Ga (Triple Crown/Jack Qualifier)
November 11-12 Elba, Al (Alabama State Championship/Jack/Triple Crown Qualifier)
December 9-10 Perry, Fl (FBA Triple Crown Championship)

Here's my judging list:
September 17 Lake City, Fl
October 1 Okeechobee, Fl
October 15 Orlando, Fl (may be dropped to cook Newnan, Ga)
October 29 Zephryhills, Fl
November 19 Stuart, Fl
December 3 Sebring, FL

Just now starting to work on the 2012 schedule. Eight comps so far and still adding. I'll probably cut back a little due to gas prices.

Russ

This is a good idea. Sadly to say my Webers have been quietly sitting on the patio most of the spring, I am coaching my 11 year old son's travel baseball team and we are playing somewhere almost every weekend from March until the end of July. I enjoy the baseball but I miss the contests, cooking and all the friendships I have made over the last few years

I just printed my entry forms this week for 2 events to cook and hopefully get to judge a few events too.

8/26-8/27 Music City BBQ Festival Nashville,TN (KCBS)
9/23-9/24 Grillin & Chillin BBQ Owensboro,KY (KCBS)

Anyone is more than welcome to stop by and chat, heck I might even put you to work as I usually cook by myself.

Since 2011 is the 25th anniversary of the Wyocena Yacht Club, we decided to double our competition schedule this year.

We cooked Poor Que in Montello, WI on June 10 and 11 finishing 8th out of 41 teams. (3rd pork, 7th brisket, 13th ribs, 30th chicken)

We will cook "Smokin' in the Bogs" in Warrens, WI on September 2 and 3.

Man you guys are fast!

Here is what we are doing so far:

May 7th: No Bull, Morgan Hill Ca.(KCBS) ENTERED/completed.

July 3rd, Rancho Cordova Ca. 1st Annual All American BBQ Throwdown. (KCBS)

Aug 27, Smokin on the Water, Clearlake Ca..(KCBS)

Sept 17th: Rib Stock, Cameron Park,Ca. family day, bands etc.(KCBS)

Oct 1st. Smokin for Gold, Placerville (KCBS)

Team Name: G. Bud Weber BBQ
First contest: 1st Annual Morton BBQ Throw Down at the Field, Morton IL, August 5th and 6th.
Mission: Have fun, meet new friends, and WIN!
I hope to do more in the future, if any one knows of any contests in Illinois I would love to check them out.

I don't have the ability to do a wiki-like calendar within the discussion forum itself, but how about something like this?

http://www.my.calendars.net/tvwbb_comps

If anyone has a better idea, I'm open to ideas. But it needs to be something that everyone can read and edit without login or providing an e-mail address.

Regards,
Chrsi

We are competing at the Boston Hills BBQ Fest in Boston, NY. Its this weekend 6/24 - 6/26.

Our next scheduled event is Oinktoberfest, which is late September in Clarence, NY.

Great idea Mark! No wonder I felt smarter after having lived in NoCal! Must have been some kind of geo-transfer process!
icon_smile.gif

Thanks to Chris, for setting up the calendar.

To Clark the Harbormaster, I'll see you at: "Smokin' in the Bogs" in Warrens, WI on September 2 and 3. I will be cooking with my son's team, BarabooQ.

Just finished juding the 2011 Colorado Challenge in Frisco,CO on June 17 & 18.
Will be judging at the Freedom Festival BBQ in Castle Rock, CO on July 1 & 2 and the
BBQ at the Summit in Dillon, CO August 12th & 13th. Were I hope I will get to see Dave from Denver and the Whistle Pig Team.

We had planned to do 12 comps this year but it's been cut way way back due to local cooking obligations.

We did Sky Valley on April 30

We are doing:

Saskatoon July 9
Calgary Sept 3
Langley Sept 17

I'm tossing around:

Whistler July 30
Duvall August 20

Clark

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
I don't have the ability to do a wiki-like calendar within the discussion forum itself, but how about something like this?

http://www.my.calendars.net/tvwbb_comps

If anyone has a better idea, I'm open to ideas. But it needs to be something that everyone can read and edit without login or providing an e-mail address.

Regards,
Chrsi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Should help folks find each other

Would be great if you guys used the calendar, or if someone would take all the info from these posts and populate the calendar. If it goes unused, I'll just delete it at some point.

Regards,
Chris

Back