Red Weber

M

MikeD

I sure do want one

any chance Weber might bring that color back.

I had a Genesis 2000 in red and after the cart and the cookbox developed rust, 12 years of faithful service, I replaced it with a Silver B with PCI grates - in black. I presently have a red, old style Performer. I like the color, also, and wish they would bring it back. The "in thing" now, of course, is SS.

Paul

I told my wife that if Weber ever did a limited run of red 22 1/2" kettles, that would be the only reason we would get a new grill. And I'll even buy two!

I have been on the look-out for a used one to fix up--

I may just pick up the new blue one though.

Sorry, Weber will not offer a red pc grill because we have to use Cadmium to get the red color. Cadmium is a heavy metal and disposal of this is very dificult. Untill another substance is found that produces a red pc, you are stuck with the colors Weber offers now.

On a side note, The Weber "Q" is painted. This is the only grill made by Weber that is avi in red.

Again, up for debate! Our system says "red lid is for premium dealers" Now, I have a list of co-op and 5 star dealers but no list for "premium dealears".

I do know for a fact that some companys have a promotion going on right now to get a "free" Q with a red lid. They are Budwiser (beer), Toro (lawn mower), and Snap-On (tools). I don't know the details of all of them now and we are looking for the list of premium dealers. More to follow! Thanks! Joe

I realize I should have put the above info under "charcoal grills"..........my apologies

I bought a black Genesis 3 (wide cart, with side burner) last month for $50. The previous owner guessed that it was 15 years old, and had recently put in at least $150 in parts (PCI grates, flavor bars, cover)... but after building a bbq island, the Weber was just taking up space, and he was glad to get rid of it. Yes, it works great. No rust or rot in this climate.

The funny thing about it, is that the serial number under the control panel is for a Genesis 1 natural gas model. Which confused Weber when I called them about a couple of small parts. I think I asked about this in another thread here, a Weber employee had been posting but he's apparently gone now.

One could probably make a little walking-around money buying these grills on the cheap, cleaning them up and reselling them. But that's not a hobby I'm looking to get into. (I started watching craigslist for a WSM, haven't seen one yet.)

I've seen more than one Red genesis on local craigslist this fall. Is that rare? And I recently got a B-year (1980) 22.5 kettle grill, in red for $10. metal bowl handles, wood top handle and twist ash catcher.

Back