Thermometer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Blackwood

I have a Weber 22.5 Silver charcoal grill and want to add an inside thermometer. I have seen some with a thermometer in the handle, is that something I can buy or is it only that model?

Available only on the Mastertouch (out of production), or on the Performer.

You can call Weber C.S. and order a lid w/ therm for the Performer, but it won't be inexpensive--$50-60?

The therm itself is only $8-10, but it is not easy to put the correct holes in your existing lid at the the correct angles in the handle.

Easiest alternative is a therm on a silicone plug stuck into a vent hole from The BBQ Guru here. Cost $25, or you can do your own w/ a therm and silicone plug. Good news is that it is then portable, and can be used on other grills.

Hi Matt,

I installed 3" thermometers on my OTS (2 of them)by drilling a 3/8" hole about 3" inches from the rim of the lid, opposite the vent holes. If you do this, you must start with a very small drill bit and make gradually larger holes so as to not crack the coating of the lid. This gives one a temp reading closer to the grill as opposed to the temp at the top of the dome.

Benny

I did the same thing, but used a bi-metal hole saw. It worked great. Go slow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back