Testimonial & Grilled Pizza

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
Jamie,

It is terrific to have you at TVWBB. I appreciate that you are taking time to respond to our questions.

Your previous two cookbooks are where I go when I have food ready to grill without any idea of what I am going to cook. I have learned that if I flip through Weber's Big Book of Grilling and Weber's Real Grilling I will find something great looking and relatively simple to prepare. I have never had anything but excellent results. I also give credit to your food stylist and photographer for presenting your recipes in such an appetizing manner. I'm happy to add your new book to my collection.

I note that you have a grilled pizza recipe in each of your books. The pizza doughs differed in the first two books, I haven't compared the recipe in Weber's Charcoal Grilling to those yet. What is the difference between these pizza doughs and which is your favorite?

Jim

Hey Jim,

It’s always good to hear from you. Thanks for the compliments. I’ll be sure to pass those on to the photographer, Tim Turner, and his stylist, Lynne Gagne.

The pizza recipe in Weber’s Charcoal Grilling makes bigger quantity of dough than what you find in Weber’s Real Grilling. It also features a good technique for knowing exactly when you have kneaded the dough enough. There again, a picture is worth a thousand words. One other thing about pizza and charcoal: I suggest making small pizzas for a charcoal grill because big pizzas tend to cook unevenly over charcoal. That’s just the result the inherent unevenness of the fire. With small pizzas, it pretty easy to cook them evenly, especially if you rotate them a little every couple minutes.

Stay in touch.

Jamie

Back