Your All-Time most favorite Recipe

Jarrod S.

TVWBB Member
Most people dont have A favorite, but if you were forced to answer using just ONE recipe, chicken, beef, pork, lamb, whatever: What would it be?

Help me share in your joy by taking some time to fill out your answer: with any of your trade methods to make it what it is, "special to you".

Ill kick off with mine.

Im a huge fan of Pork shoulder roasts, this rub is from the Weber's Big Book of Grilling

Rub

1Tbs Paprika
1Tbs Firmly packed brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsb ground cumin
1 tsb ground black pepper
1tsb kosher salt
1/2 tsb cayenne

1 Boneless pork shoulder roast 4-5 pounds

I cook this using Hickory chunks via cooking specs for most all pork shoulder: 185-195' slow smoked.

Ive made what i guess i would consider a very basic white sauce for it that is just incredible

1/2 cup mayo
1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
1 1/2 Tbsp Shriracha's Hot Sauce
1 tsp kosher salt
1 tsp lemon pepper

smear on buns and serve with (pork) butt!

One of my favorite recipes is hot-smoked (350+) rack of lamb...smoked till just rare over high heat with a great rub, then cut real thick. Mmm. I really should post the recipe, but it's really just like it sounds and I'm sure most people here could handle it without a recipe. Just need a good (lamb) rub.

I'm torn, and have been thinking of my favorite recipe I came up with since you first posted. Still not sure of the one yet. It's between my Cream of Potato Soup, Roadside Chicken and my Chipotle Mayo, but there are some other strong contenders to think about. Those 3 are my some of my favorite creations. I'll keep thinking and maybe someday I can declare a clear cut winner.
icon_confused.gif

If you didnt notice this post was my sneaky little way of prying the best of the best recipes from pros....so i guess if its really that great you could post all three, ive seen all three throughout the website.......but why not repost here....

its a great podium.

Baby back ribs made on the WSM served with my homemade BBQ sauce. I use the same BBQ sauce on WSM pulled pork, also.

My Homemade BBQ Sauce

* 1 cup ketchup
* 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
* 4 tablespoons butter
* 3 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
* 1 tablespoon plain prepared mustard
* 3 tablespoons finely minced yellow onion
* 2 teaspoons Wrights Liquid Hickory Smoke flavor (or to taste)
* 1/4 teaspoon Frank's Red Hot Sauce
* 1/2 cup brown sugar
* 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
* 1/4 teaspoon table salt

Makes 2 cups of sauce.

1. Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan.
2. Mix well.
3. Simmer over low heat for 20-30 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Back