Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Spicy Mac N Cheese

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
DSC00364_r-2.jpg

Decided to try chicken breasts a couple of ways today. 2 breasts were marinated in Hot Pepper Raspberry Chipolte and the other 2 were marinated in Vidalia Onion Viniagrette. The plans are to stuff the 2 in the chipolte with salsa and the other 2 will be stuffed with pastrami and cheese wrapped in roasted red peppers.

DSC00367_r-2.jpg

The pastrami, with 2 cheeses (cheddar and pepperjack) wrapped in fire roasted red peppers.

DSC00369_r-2.jpg

Ready for the smoker. Pastrami breast dusted with pecan rub, the chipolte with Plowboys Yardbird. Placed on smoker at 250 - 275 with pecan wood. Plan on taking them to 165.

DSC00372_r-2.jpg

Chicken at about 150 internal.

DSC00365_r-2.jpg

Since we were doing things different today, decided to do mac "n" cheese with some different types of cheese. Also decided to use Rotelle pasta.

DSC00373_r-2.jpg

Mac "n" cheese ready for the smoker, placed on bottom rack, will leave on about 45 minutes - 1 hour.

DSC00376_r-2.jpg

Chicken and Mac "n" cheese done.

DSC00379_r-2.jpg

Ready to eat. Overall I thought that it was good. Next time I will do what I normally do with the breast and brine them overnight. I thought they were a tad bit dry, but my wife disagreed, so she wins that one
icon_wink.gif
The mac "n" cheese was definitely different with a good bite to it. I will probably do this one again, since we both liked it and my wife is not really into hot cheeses and sauce, but she likes the mac "n" cheese this way. Me, the hotter the better
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for looking.

Great cook Mike! Awesome twist on M&C, and that chicken is fantastic. An old boot would probably be good with that stuffing.

Wow.

I've always been pretty unexcited when it comes to chicken breasts. But seeing some of the things people have been doing with them on this board lately has really changed my tune. And Mike, you just rose to the top of an already-impressive list of cooks.

Mike, another great post!
? the Mac&Cheese! and the CB's look Spectacular!! GoodLookin'Cookin'!!!

Back