Ducane refurbishing question

Steve Zeitz

TVWBB Member
I know that this site is for Weber grills, but I am prett sure Weber bought out Ducane. I have a Ducane Natural Gas grill from 2002 that I was considering replacing, but it was quite expensive and now I am thinking about totally refurbishing it. Does anyone have advice or experience in doing this that could share some information with me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve

Hi - yes, Weber purchased Ducane. Call the Weber customer service number and give them your make and model Ducane and they will help you with whatever you need.

As I understand, Ducane owners get the same (extremely high) level of customer service as Weber owners.

Pat

Thanks Pat. I will try calling Weber's customer service and seeing if they can help me. I appreciate the advice. Steve

I'm not sure that Weber is stocking any parts from the old Ducane grills.

If not, they can be had from bbq specialty shops.

The parts are fairly expensive.

The bottom briquette grate runs close to $100.

The burners without the collector boxes could be $40 a piece.

If your ignitor isn't working, don't fix it. Too expensive when a match or butane light put through the hole on the side works perfectly every time.

Your grills should have been stainless steel and although looking bad, you might not need to replace them.

Think the paint is peeling on the inside of the hood? That's not paint. Just scrape it off. It's food that vaporized and collected over the years building up that flakey surface.

Not much else ever needed unless you need the valves which are around $40 a piece.

If you loved the way your Ducane worked, fix it!

The new Ducanes are NOTHING like the old ones.

Thanks Marlene. My ignitor doesn't work and I'm pretty used to using a match or lighter. I do have the flaking on the inside top of the lid, which I will clean off. I need new brickettes and maybe the flavor grill part that holds the brickettes. I don't need new grill grates per se; they are fine. I do need a new cover too. Anyway, I'm convinced to just fix this one up because it has been a great grill. I've used it quite a bit since 2002 and have really loved it. Thanks for the advice. Steve

Steve.
Some of the bottled gas dealers carry Ducane parts and grills.
You might also check out this place.
Tim

Another hint:

If you don't feel like paying the price for the briquette grate and the frame of yours is still intact...

Just buy a wire briquette grate, a little smaller than yours and lay it on top of the old one. It will hold the briquettes with no problem and you'll save close to $80.

Originally posted by Steve Zeitz:
I know that this site is for Weber grills, but I am prett sure Weber bought out Ducane. I have a Ducane Natural Gas grill from 2002 that I was considering replacing, but it was quite expensive and now I am thinking about totally refurbishing it. Does anyone have advice or experience in doing this that could share some information with me? It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Steve
I know I'm late to the party, but I just ordered and received parts for my 3 yr old Ducane natural gas grill. I just needed the burners, but they sent them free of charge.

Back