Return of the 26 3/4" Kettle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
It's been rumored for some time that the 26 3/4" kettle would be returning in 2009. I emailed a customer service VP at Weber who's email I had saved and they confirmed that Weber would be re-introducing the 26 inch kettle along with the introduction of the 22 inch WSM. They also said that both products should be in stores Nov/Dec of this year. Not sure what the price will be, but I'm guessing in the $250-$300 range.

Can't wait to see it - hopefully it'll be in the OTG format with the handy ash catcher, along with flip-up grates. Anyone else plan on picking one up??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
Anyone else plan on picking one up?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I do.

i'll see when they come out. i like to think of myself as a member of the weber kettle rescue society so will probably still go forth looking for older models.

I might want one, if the boss will let me. I've actually never had a brand new kettle before. The first one was a had-me-down from the in-laws (since passed to others in the family) and both current kettles were craigslist finds.

I doubt I will.
icon_frown.gif
Only because I have a Ranch Kettle and a 22 1/2" Platinum already..

Bill

Probably will--I could really use the extra room, especially when using the kettle as an outdoor cooktop in the summer heat.

I will definitely check it out when it hits the stores. It will make a nice addition to my growing collection. It will be a tough sell for my wife, but I'll think of some way to get it in the garage.
icon_wink.gif

I will be picking on of these up as soon as I can. Does any one know more infomation about it? Colors? Will it come in Silver & Gold levels?

Ive been going back and forth between the new WSM or Kettle...Im sure I will get both....cant wait...If the new kettle came in Red, I d probably pass out of excitment. But any color will be a welcome to the kettle family
icon_biggrin.gif

Only problem with a red 27" kettle is I probably would never take it out of the box. I'd have to buy 2 if I wanted to use 1. I can't wait to see some pics of what they have in mind for this kettle, we've seen the 22 WSM - where's the 27" kettle?? Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. A 27" performer would be sweet, but I love the look of the tri-pod kettle....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Allen Sharar:
Only problem with a red 27" kettle is I probably would never take it out of the box. I'd have to buy 2 if I wanted to use 1. I can't wait to see some pics of what they have in mind for this kettle, we've seen the 22 WSM - where's the 27" kettle?? Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. A 27" performer would be sweet, but I love the look of the tri-pod kettle.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing...Id have to buy 2...move my son to the garage make a shrine in his room w/ a new huge red kettle
icon_smile.gif
Cant wait to see some pics of the beast.

Don't get your hopes up about red. Lots of environmental/pollution issues associated with creating red porcelain, which is why Weber stopped doing it years ago.

Yeah, I dont see any more reds coming out. Youd think w/ technology today...we could get around that some how? The color would not inhibit me from purchasing the new kettle...but I hope we have a few options on the color.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back