Great Christmas Present

Henry C.

My wife loves babyback ribs but always missed the smoke when I do them on the genesis gold so I broke down and bought her the new 18" WSM which arrived a few days before Christmas. She was so thrilled that she went out and bought me diamond earings, Don't know who's happier.

I haven't read about anyone doing jerk pork on the WSM but I tried it and it came out great using pork butt cut into strips to get more seasoning in and cooking for ~4 hrs. Spicy !!!!

Henry

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Henry C.:
My wife loves babyback ribs but always missed the smoke when I do them on the genesis gold so I broke down and bought her the new 18" WSM which arrived a few days before Christmas. She was so thrilled that she went out and bought me diamond earings, Don't know who's happier.
Henry </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
ROFLMAO! I haven't read anything that funny in a long time!!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

I am with ya on that Bill. My wife asked me what the ^*&# I was laughing at so I told her. Now the two of us are getting a kick out of this one.

That's great, Henry. She sounds like a keeper for sure!
I haven't used the WSM for jerk pork but I have used the OTG for jerk chicken a number of times. I like to use thighs because they stay a little juicier, I think. I always make my own jerk marinade because the store-bought ones can't hold a candle to a fresh, home-made one.
I like to set them on foil for about 2 hours to get some of the smokey goodness into them, then seal them up for a few more hours.
Let us know how it turns out doing jerk pork on the WSM. I'm very interested in your results.

Welcome to the board!
You and your wife are a match made in heaven!
Thanks for the great laugh, I was having a bad day.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back