Smoker help for vegas

darrin

TVWBB Member
Anyone have a smoker that they could loan us for the Vegas contest? We're flying in from Toronto, Canada and willing to cook on anything. A pop up tent would be handy as well if anyone has one. Can drop me a note here or email me at thebbqeffectathotmail.com.

Thanks
Darrin
the BBQ Effect

Originally posted by darrin:
Anyone have a smoker that they could loan us for the Vegas contest? We're flying in from Toronto, Canada and willing to cook on anything. A pop up tent would be handy as well if anyone has one. Can drop me a note here or email me at thebbqeffectathotmail.com.

Thanks
Darrin
the BBQ Effect

Which Vegas comp? There are a couple coming up.
Where are you willing to go to pick up the cooker?

Mark

Hey Mark

Sorry, I was refering to the comp at Orleans hotel on May 20-22. Probably not geting into friday afternoon, so won't have time to travel far to pick up a smoker.

Thanks for the response.
Darrin

Originally posted by darrin:
Hey Mark

Sorry, I was refering to the comp at Orleans hotel on May 20-22. Probably not geting into friday afternoon, so won't have time to travel far to pick up a smoker.

Thanks for the response.
Darrin

Darrin, have you asked over at CBBQA? Several teams going from that org.

http://www.cbbqa.org/forum/index.php?

I will be in Alaska so That won't help.

Mark

Darrin,
Good news and bad news.
Good news: You can rent a "Jambo" for the event.
icon_smile.gif

http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/las-vegas-home.html (Scroll down)
Bad news: It's $500.00!
icon_eek.gif

Thanks guys

I would love to cook on one of Jamie's pits, but its a little steep for me. We will probably buy a WSM, do a super tight cook and then try to sell it afterwards at the contest or craigslist. I'll try over at the California Board as well though.

I will be cooking there (in Vegas, not at the comp) at that time. If you do end up buying a cooker contact me. It is likely I will buy it from you. Very likely, actually. If I can talk my clients into having a smoker at their Vegas home, great! But even if not I need one in Okla...

Originally posted by mk evenson:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mac McClure:
Darrin,
Good news and bad news.
Good news: You can rent a "Jambo" for the event.
icon_smile.gif

http://www.smokeonthewaterbbq.com/las-vegas-home.html (Scroll down)
Bad news: It's $500.00!
icon_eek.gif

For $500 I hope they set it up, prep the meat, do the cooking, box it up, tear it down and produce 1st place grub. All you have to do is take the check!

Mark </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If they are trucking/shipping two way from TX that might explain the rental price somewhat?

Are these good pits with decent baffling and heat management (hot spot control)?

That said for a one time event I think would go with a WSM instead. Should be pretty easy to unload it and the buyer won't have to worry much about transport.

Back