Eye'm Back with a Beef

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Beef back ribs that is.
An eye/vision problem has kept me from posting lately, and gale force winds kept me from grilling, until yesterday.
Man did it feel good to get back on the kettle!

A 2 bone and 4 bone rack on with Oakridge Santa Maria rub, cherry wood for smoke:
IMGP6949.JPG

Couple of hours in, going into foil with some beef broth:
IMGP6952.JPG

Out of foil and ready to go after another half hour:
IMGP6954.JPG

Sliced:
IMGP6956.JPG

This is all that I ate:
IMGP6968.JPG

It was a Happy Meal!

I still have to shut one eye to type, but wanted to get back here and wish everyone a Happy New Year!

GREAT Lookin' Ribs Robert!!
Outstanding Colour and Smoke Ring!!
Beautiful! I can tast'em from here!

Good to See you're Seeing again!
HappyNewYear to you, buddy!

Thanks guys!

Branon,
The 4 rib came from Schnucks, and the 2 rib was from a whole bone-in rib roast from Costco.
I still have another pack of ribs, and 2 boneless rib roasts from that packer.

Those look great, Bob! Glad you can see again, even if you have to type with one eye open.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob Correll:
The 4 rib came from Schnucks, and the 2 rib was from a whole bone-in rib roast from Costco.
I still have another pack of ribs, and 2 boneless rib roasts from that packer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought they might have come from Schnucks. Every now and then they have some that aren't just bones. I'll have to keep my eyes open for them. I haven't made beef ribs in a long time. You've inspired me.

Bob, the beef ribs look great and the photos are excellent as always! Glad your back on the kettle and wish you a speedy vision recovery.

Great post! Everyone's pulling for you Bob! Isn't that Oakridge Santa maria rub great? Let's all Have a smokey new year!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Great looking cook! Wish I could find beef ribs that look like that. Actually looked at them in 2 stores today and they looked like shiners to me. Going to have to see what my butcher caan do for me.

Nice meal Bob. Glad to see you back in action, and hopefully having a quick recovery. I can tell you that your photography skills haven't missed a beat.

Back