One Touch Silver LIMITED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinK

TVWBB Member
I just picked up a new OTS and on the cover of the manual it shows a One Touch Silver Limited. It has a thermometer in the handle like a Performer and on the inside of the manual it shows that it comes with charcoal rails. Also, the handles are darker than on the regular silver.

Here is the manual I am referring to.

I'm just curious if any one has seen this or heard of this grill or am I just way behind the times?

icon_redface.gif
Based on the URL, it's the 2008 model! In fact, it looks like they uploaded several other manuals for the 2008 models!

Gary...unfortunately, I didn't purchase the limited edition, I just noticed it on the manual when I opened the box.

I called Weber customer service today and they didn't know anything about the Limited Edition. He wasn't even aware that they had updated the manuals page on their website so he didn't have a price to give me.

Although he did say that he was glad they were finally putting a thermometer on a silver or gold because that is by far the most requested item.

you wonder why it takes companys so long to modify something that the people want. Everyone I now wishes theres had a thermometer. At least make it an option and charge for it. Well...at least its gonna be available soon.

I know what you mean...they wouldn't even need to change their manufacturing, just throw a Performer lid (rubber tabs and all) on the silver or gold. Bump the price $30 or so and make everyone happy.

Another option I found, since I already had a Performer, was to order a replacement lid from Weber for the Performer for use on the OTS. I think it was about $50 with shipping. It's a lot easier having a thermometer in the lid of both my kettles.

Hey Brent...how long does the probe in the lid stick down...if there is a probe. What is the temp difference between that temp on lid and at grate leverl? Thanks

Gary,
The thermometer goes thru the lid handle at an angle, so ends up only being half an inch or so below the inside of the lid. I have never compared the lid temp with the grate temp, because it is such a small overall area. I won't ever use a kettle again that does not have a thermometer in the lid. I have come to rely on that reference point.

I put my maverick probe through the exhaust hole from time to time, just out of curiosity. I also have a thermometer I sit on the grate...just to check temps and compare to the probe in the vent. It seems 9/10 times the grate is 50 degrees cooler. This weekend I used one charcoal basket w/ some rancher. I cooked 25 ABT's(mmmmmm good) I set my thermometer on the grate...it held 300 on the nose. My probe in the vent was 350. Of coarse I guess it matters how much charcoal you use but...like you said, its a reference point.

I have OTG Limited, it was actually about 50USD cheaper than normal OTG. The sales person said that it was last from old stock of 2005 when the big wholesale company had bought this special model for the season.

It's the same as normal OTG except the different handles (with text "Limited" on them"), thermometer in the lid and it came with hood (with text "Limited" and Weber logo) and rails.

Here's a link to picture. Color is something called "Mica black", which is kind of greyish to me.

Smooth...

I wonder if I can just order a replacement lid for the OTG Limited...

They don't have the schematics up for the OTGL or OTSL on their website yet.

Those are some very nice handles. My wife just established a zero-growth policy for me on my grills... so if I want to get one of these, I'll have to replace one of my existing ones.

I'm very interested in how much they cost and where they will be available.

keep dreaming on the OTGL parts...I dont see how we could get that in the states (unless someone in EU could send it to us)... I still have yet to see an OTSL either... i havent called Weber CS but last i heard (from these posts) they knew nothing of the OTSL... i could really use one of those black handles though...itd match the black ash catcher/black vent tab perfectly on my modified 2005-Red Performer...

I emailed weber about One Touch Gold Limited... etc - here's what I heard back:
---
Hello Mr. Gardner,

Thank you for your inquiry regarding if the One-Touch Gold Limited will ever be offered here in the U.S. market.

We did sell this unit here in the U.S. back throughout the 90's with dismal sales figures forcing our hand to stop production for the U.S. market. This was called the "Master-Touch" Kettle. While they may eventually attempt this product sale here, no news of this being offered has been heard. I will pass along the interest and ask you check back next year to see if this has been added to our U.S. line-up of Kettle products.

Thanks for your interest!

If you have additional questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us. If replying via email, please leave this message intact as it will help us to respond faster. If you prefer, allow me to remind you that we are open 7 A.M to 11 P.M. C.S.T. every day. If you would rather call, the number is below.

Sincerely,
Gene Robb
Weber-Stephen Products Company
Customer Service
1890 North Roselle Road Ste. 308
Schaumburg, IL. 60195
----

So - sounds like no OTSL or OTGL for us in the US for a while
icon_frown.gif

My guess is that with the charcoal grills the market that would want to get a OTGL or OTSL would overlap those that would want to get a Performer - and the other market that just wants a high-quality charcoal grill for cheap probably gravitates almost entirely to the OTS - since that's what I see for sale almost everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back