Stokerlog changing pit target when lid opened...

Alan D

TVWBB Super Fan
I notice that Stokerlog does seem to detect when I open the lid, but when it does so it seem to set my pit target to an odd value. There must be some logic wrong, it did this at least 2 times, in an 8 hour burn.

Maybe I'm wrong about this, but I know it reset the value to a value that I don't think I've but in before even, it was set for 240 or 260, and it was set to 50 when I got back to the computer. At least I believe that to be true.

It does seem to detect the lid open, but I am not sure about all cases.

Stokerlog lowers the set value to trick the stoker into thinking the desired temp has been met so the fan won't kick on. It will auto-reset after 5 minutes.

Ken,

I guess it was doing the right thing then, I manually set it back not knowing that it would reset it. It did detect the lid open, so I think I was just being a bit overzealous...

You don't want the temp to be set back up to your previous temp as soon as you put the lid back on. With the lid off, your fire is receiving extra air, and going to overshoot your temp. By delaying the temp being set back to "normal" you are helping minimize the potential for an overshoot of the target temp.

Back