Performer Surprise!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Erickson

TVWBB Pro
Came home from work today and my wife has a brand new already assembled Weber Performer sitting outside on the patio with a bow tie and card attached. It said Happy Bday and early Valentine's Day.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also bought a couple of NY Strips to break it in, but I didn't want to get it dirty just yet. I wanted at least one day with it being brand spankin new, so I cooked the steaks on my old $25 Wal-Mart charcoal grill that is pretty much worn out.

Thanks Phil, but I should also add that my Bday isn't until March 13. She said she couldn't wait any longer to give it to me as she was worried I would buy it on my own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:
Thanks Phil, but I should also add that my Bday isn't until March 13. She said she couldn't wait any longer to give it to me as she was worried I would buy it on my own. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes her even more special!

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy Erickson:
Came home from work today and my wife has a brand new already assembled Weber Performer sitting outside on the patio with a bow tie and card attached. It said Happy Bday and early Valentine's Day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is true love. Congrats on the new toy.

Grilled hamburgers on the Performer last night and it was awesome. All I did was take my chimney and set it over the flame for about 5 minutes. Then shut off the gas and let the chimney do its thing. Then I dumped the charcoal and let it sit for a couple of minutes before I put on the burgers. Burgers cooked excellently and I really fell in love with the work table, charcoal storage, lid holder and the gas assist.

My only problem was I was used to using close to a full chimney in my old cheap charcoal grill so I did the same on the Performer. I soon found out that I could have gotten away with half a chimney, as it was way too hot at first. The charcoal on my old cheap grill sat on a pan and thus had no airflow beneath the coals and probably hindered the coals from getting too hot. With the charcoal grate, the coals have airflow all the way around with the vents open. So I told my wife this thing will pay for itself in charcoal savings over time.

Andy,

It's not going to save you money. Because now you're sure to catch the Weber sickness (WAS). There's no cure either.

Yeah, she bought the floor model since that is all the local Ace store had. It was very well put together though and has no signs of being mishandled by the customers. Kind of glad I didn't have to put together the one touch system since that actually looked kind of confusing and I'm not the most handy person out there.

Yesterday my wife had to work, so I cleaned the house and did laundry all day. Then had a box of chocolates and flowers waiting for her. I then grilled two T-Bones and asparagus for supper. I also broke out the Margarita machine and we drank those while I was cooking on the Performer. We had a great night by ourselves in our backyard. No fighting crowds at restaurants and I put the Performer to great use. Maybe this is part of the reason she bought it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back