Smoked pork tamales

Arthur Aguirre

TVWBB Member
Better late than never...smoked pork tamales I made during Christmas. These were my best yet.

071.jpg

072.jpg

084.jpg

094.jpg

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Whats the wrapping?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Corn husks. They're bought dry (usually) and soaked in warm water until pliable.

Arthur, great looking tamales. I made about 4 dozen for New Year's day. Did a batch of pulled pork and a batch of veggie (hatch chiles, onion, artichoke with a Mexican white cheese). I only make these about once a year.

Paul

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Whats the wrapping?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Corn husks. They're bought dry (usually) and soaked in warm water until pliable.

Arthur, great looking tamales. I made about 4 dozen for New Year's day. Did a batch of pulled pork and a batch of veggie (hatch chiles, onion, artichoke with a Mexican white cheese). I only make these about once a year.

Paul </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I give some tamales to folks who never had them before, I make sure to tell to take off the corn husk otherwise they would try to eat it.

My wife is a vegetarian, I'll have to tell her about your veggie tamale...thanks!

Arthur --
How long in the WSM? What temp? Any other details one might need to know?
I am drooling on my keyboard as I type this.
Thanks.

Awesome. Tamales are my favorite, but a good one is pretty scarce in these parts and I don't get around to making them often enough. I'll have to enjoy yours from afar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard Hinton:
Arthur --
How long in the WSM? What temp? Any other details one might need to know?
I am drooling on my keyboard as I type this.
Thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you like to see the whole recipe, it's available here .

Those look wonderful Arthur. As much as I love Mexican food, I don't cook nearly enough of it. Thanks for the inspiration.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">My wife is a vegetarian, I'll have to tell her about your veggie tamale </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Arthur, I also made a green sauce to go with them. Roasted tomatillos,poblanos, onion and garlic with some serranos for heat. Salt and pepper to taste with a splash of chicken stock (or in your case veggie stock or water) to thin it out. Simple and tastes very good.

Enjoy

Back