Cooking For Crowds

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've got one WSM and a kettle grill. I've been able to cope with feeding ten adults and six kids by doing brisket & pork butt overnight then sitting in foil in a cooler for a couple of hours before serving. But I'd like to be able to serve hot pork, brisket and ribs to a much larger gathering. So that I'm not embarrassed by having to keep people waiting, I'd like to have everyting cooked the day before.
So as not to poison anyone, I guess I'll have to refrigerate overnight all the cooked meats.
What's the best way to reheat it all without losing quality of the food? Any "tricks for young players" I should avoid?
Thanks for your advice
regards

Last Easter, I served brisket to my family that I prepared the night before (not a traditional Easter meal, I'll grant you, but still tasty!). I sliced it while warm and placed it in a glass baking dish along with the juices that accumulated in the foil
eek.gif
when I finished it off in the oven. Next day I just sprinkled a little apple juice over the top for moisture, covered with foil and reheated in the oven at 300*F until warmed through. Everybody loved it. Maybe someone out there has a better approach, but this worked OK for me.

Regards,
Chris

Thanks Chris,
Sounds good - all the other recipes and hints you've put on TVWB have worked for me so I'll give it a try.
regards,
Jock

Chris,

Who says brisket is not a traditional Easter meal?
biggrin.gif
It is for us, along with ham and all the trimmings.

Doug

Maybe I'll have to introduce a similar tradition to my mob down here! Gotta be good.
regards
Jock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back