Stoker fan question

mike66

I am looking at buying a Stoker to use on my WSM and on a larg stick burner. Can it be used with a 5 CFM and a 10 CFM blower separtely without adding more equiptment? Or do I hve to get dirrerent power supplies?

Yes it will run both but I believe you will need two temp probes. When you start the stoker you need to assign which blower will work with which probe.

I would guess that the answer would be yes.

I use mine with the standard power supply and three 5 CFM fans occasionally. WSM, and a couple of others.

If I remember correctly, Rock told me that I could power four of the 5 CFM fans and many (I don't remember how many, but it was a lot) food probes before I'd need a larger power supply.

BOB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yes it will run both but I believe you will need two temp probes </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you will only need 2 pit temp probes if you are firing up both smokers simultaneously. So if you get the larger one you are covered.

Another thing Mike - I'm not sure why you are asking what voltage the fans are but just in case - you can't just go out and get a 5 volt blower and slap on a 1/8 inch plug. There's a small chip inside the plug that ID's the accessory. This is why you can't get the plug wet. A blower will need this chip to work with the Stoker.

-rob

Back