Roadside Inspiration

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I had a perfect Roadside storm tonight. Haven't done RSC in a while and have been craving it ever since I saw RD's pics in the recipes section. I've also been wanting to try roadside on beef since Brandon posted his Roadside Ribeye. So, with inspiration from several sources, I cooked tonight. Leg quarters a la roadside. Burgers for the wife and two year old. A la roadside. And asparagus with Hollandaise, grilled with just the slightest splash of roadside. Wife said it was the best burger I've done (unfortunately, no pics of the burger). Also served mashed potatoes (with the skin), with a hint of garlic and onion powder.

Bryan, Brandon and RD: Thanks for the inspiration/motivation.

P1150241.jpg

I did ten chickens for a party about three weeks ago. Seeing this plate makes me want to do it again. Maybe quarters this time.....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Brett Fields:
I did ten chickens for a party about three weeks ago. Seeing this plate makes me want to do it again. Maybe quarters this time..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

wow, ten birds? I would be interested in knowing your setup in keeping that much fire going for ten chickens. I have a party in a few weeks and what thinking about chicken as well. Just worried about how much work is gong to be involved in keeping the fire up.

What a lovely plate. Asparagus and Hollandaise is such a classic. Yummy!

Thanks for sharing.

The chicken looks really good I got it on the Tue. night menu. I loves me some RSC But veggies "Uck!!!" are not in this cowboy's diet.I didn't make it to the top of the food chain to eat veggies.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike in Md:
What was your ratio of roadside to ground beef? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No idea. I just applied several times during cooking.

Jim, beautiful plate, nice job
icon_cool.gif

Chicken is perfect
Taters look good
Love the Hollandaise on the asparagus, gonna have to try that soon. Same goes for the RS with burgers
icon_smile.gif

As Bryan said, it works well with pork too. I've done a tenderloin and chops with it and both came out really good.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No idea. I just applied several times during cooking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I was thinking you mixed it in the ground beef before you made the patties. I need to try RSB (roadside burgers) soon!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike in Md:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">No idea. I just applied several times during cooking. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks. I was thinking you mixed it in the ground beef before you made the patties. I need to try RSB (roadside burgers) soon!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Now that you mention it, I did give a few shakes of the RS bottle into the ground beef before I made the patties.

Holy smokes Jim - You're talking about inspiration? Your pictures are also great inspiration. WOW - Nice job. I think you made a lot of people put on the thinking cap. Thanks for sharing. Bob B

Ain't that the truth. I've read about it but never tried RSC. I was going to do it this weekend but didn't, BUT I realized that I have everything on hand to make it soon.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Another Bob B:
Holy smokes Jim - You're talking about inspiration? Your pictures are also great inspiration. WOW - Nice job. I think you made a lot of people put on the thinking cap. Thanks for sharing. Bob B </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back